Epson Printer Driver is Unavailable
We all know that printers are heavily dependent on the drivers to carry out all the printing tasks. But, what would happen if your Epson printer drivers stop working. We have an answer for you, your Epson printer will not be able to print anything & will simply give you a message ” Epson printer driver is unavailable”.
Now you might be thinking, why does your Epson printer give you a driver not available message? The answer is when your Epson printer drivers get outdated or incompatible with the operating system of your computer. Then, it starts to give you a message called “Epson printer driver is unavailable“.
In this article, we will learn about some easy ways to fix the “Epson printer driver unavailable” error. We all know that we have to regularly update our computers, printers so that they could work with the devices possessing the newest technologies. But, sometimes, when they do not update, their internal software gets corrupted or outdated. As a result, they get stuck and stop carrying out the functions.
Also Read: Epson Printer offline
Fixing the Epson Printer Driver Is Unavailable error?
Most of the time, Our Epson printer gives us the “Driver unavailable” message if we use outdated Windows OS. The same issue could take place inside the printer driver also. Check out the causes & fixes of this issue below.
Install the latest windows updates
- Simply click on the start menu of your Windows computer and type in ” Check for updates” in the search bar next to it.
- Press the “enter” button and your windows operating system will start to check if any latest or pending update is available for your computer.
- If your computer screen shows you any available updates in the list. Then, you will need to snap on the “Install update” option.
- Push down the “ok” button two times to confirm the windows update.
Windows updates may take more than 5-10 minutes to finish. But, you will see a few updated features once it’s updated on your computer. It could also resolve the ” Epson printer drivers is unavailable” issue.
Uninstall and Re-install Printer Drivers
- Open the Control Panel of your PC from its “Start” menu
- Select & visit the “Devices and Printer” choice.
- Look for the “Epson printer” in that list.
- Now, Right snap on the “Epson printer” and select the uninstall button to remove out the old & non-working drivers from the PC.
- Visit the Epson “support” webpage by selecting your country on the Epson website.
- Enter the model of your Epson printer & pick the OS of your windows PC.
- Now, you will see the “driver name” under the “downloads” section with a blue download button next to it.
- Click on that blue download Epson printer driver button & install it.
- Follow the configuration steps on your screen & restart the device, once it’s finished.
Check Cable Connections of your Epson printer
End out all the printing assignments you have given previously to your Epson printer from your PC. Check if your Epson printer is accurately connected to the power source as well as your PC. Now, turn both devices on.
Run a Printer Troubleshooter
- Open the control panel on your computer from the Start menu.
- Search for the ” Troubleshooting” option to automatically find and fix the issues on your computer and related components.
- Click on the troubleshooter option to open it.
- Afterward, you have to open the ” Hardware & sound” option.
- Choose “Epson printer” there, and examine it.
- Now, follow the given directions to fix this issue.
Restart your Epson Printer
Sometimes restarting your computer and Epson printer also fixes the “Epson printer driver is not available” issue. A quick restart eliminates all the caches and cookies from both your computer and printer and eventually, resolves this issue within a minute or two.
Update Epson Printer Drivers
- Download the Epson programming updater device from https://epson.com/Support/wa00590
- Select the particular model of your Epson printer.
- Search for the latest updates and choose all
- Click on the “Install” button
- Next, grant the application to make changes to your PC
- Select the agree button and snap on the “OK” button
These were some of the basic tips and tricks that could help you in fixing Epson printer driver issues. In case you require expert assistance or Epson printer troubleshooting. Then, contact us via our live chat option you see above the page. We give you a surety that our highly skilled team will give you top-notch help for all your Epson printer-related issues.
You may also read: Epson printer utility setup error 1131 error