Epson Printer Offline
If your Epson printer is not communicating with your computer or laptop, Then it’s surely having an offline error on it. Epson printers usually stop to communicate with other devices when it’s offline. Now, you might be thinking “Why is my Epson printer offline“. Well, there are three possible factors responsible for it. You have to check these things to fix this error.
- Wireless network (Wi-Fi)
- Computer or Laptop
Things to Check If your Epson Printer is Offline
You will need to ensure if your Epson printer is connected properly to the wi-fi network or if it’s getting sufficient internet signals.
- Check & make sure if your Epson printer is powered on or not. If it’s not, then, turn it on.
- If you see both mentioned above things working fine. Then, you can dive into the settings of your Epson printer to check the network to which it’s currently connected.
- Go to the “Printers & scanners” option in your computer’s “settings” menu to make sure your Epson printer is not in the “offline mode”
- Make sure you have the latest & most updated drivers installed on your Epson printer. Sometimes outdated drivers lead your Epson printer towards the offline error.
- Don’t forget to check the settings of your Epson printer and correct the incorrect settings to get an error-free printing operation.
- You have to remove all the solid objects that lie between your printer & wi-fi router. Because solid objects made from wooden, metal, etc., block or stops the wifi signals from reaching the Epson printer. That is why your Epson printer does not get a sufficient wifi signal to operate.
- Check if your wifi router is getting internet access from the internet service provider (ISP).
Also read: Epson printer communication Error
How to Change Epson Printer Offline to Online?
If your “Epson printer says offline” message. Then, You will need to get it online to start printing from it.
- Firstly, Restart your Epson Printer.
- Now, Push the (Windows+I) button to launch the “Windows Settings” of your computer.
- There, you will see the ” Devices” option, double-click on it.
- At this point, click on the “Printer & Scanner” option you see.
- After a second, you will see your Epson printer in the printer list.
- Right-click on the Epson printer icon and select the “See what’s printing” choice.
- Now, uncheck the “Stop printing & printer from another printer” & other checkmarks from the “See what printer is printing” option.
- Select “Use Printer Online” from the drop-down menu.
Now, Right-click the “See what’s printing” option & Set your Epson printer as the default printer if you see a greenish checkmark or grey icons on it
Also Read: Epson 0x97 fix patch
Why Epson Printer is offline on Windows 10 PC? How to get it online?
- Turn on your Windows 10 computer or PC.
- Press on the ” Windows” button on your computer keyboard.
- Now, the start menu will appear on your computer screen.
- On the left corner bottom, click on the “Settings” gear.
- It will open up the “windows settings” on your PC screen.
- Click on the “Devices” option.
- Select the “Printers & scanners” option.
- Right-click on your “Epson printer that is offline”.
- Uncheck the check-mark by clicking on the “Use Printer Offline”.
- This will surely fix the “Epson printer offline” issue.
Epson Printer Offline Fix
If you are facing an Epson printer offline issue. Then, don’t worry there are many ways in which you can fix this issue. Here are some of the most useful ways in which you can fix offline issues.
- First, Give a print command to your Epson printer and check if its screen gives you an error. If it displays you any error. Then, try to remove it.
- Restart your wifi router after unplugging it from the power source. After restarting your wifi printer, try to print from it again. This wifi router initialization will fix the issues if your Epson printer keeps going offline.
- Restart your PC after disconnecting it from the power source & try again to print from it. A PC restart also troubleshoots the Epson printer offline issues.
- Uninstall Epson printer software along with its drivers from your PC by simply going to the Windows settings of your computer & search for programs list and uninstall your Epson printer software from there. After that, Re-install your Epson printer by downloading the Epson connect printer setup utility and your computer’s compatible Epson printer drivers from the Epson official website and following all on-screen instructions.
Also Read: Epson printer not printing blank ink
Epson print-er off-line Mac
You have to check the network connectivity status, physical connectivity, device settings of your Mac computer For fixing the offline issue on the Epson printer.
Open the main menu of your Mac computer & select the ” System preferences” choice by clicking on it.
- On the next screen, click on the ” Printers & Scanners” option.
- Now, Select the “Reset Printing System” option by right-clicking on your Epson printer’s name.
- After that, a box will appear and ask you to fill in the username and security key of your Mac computer.
- Push the ok button you see below.
- After a few moments, you will see a printer list there showing you all available printers.
- Press the ” plus ” button you see below to “add a printer or scanner”.
- At this point, finally, you will see your Epson printer online.
- Give it a printing command to print something to test if it’s printing.
Also Read: Epson printer setup for Mac
Remove Unwanted Printers from your Mac
- Click on the “Apple” icon on your Mac computer home screen.
- Select the “systems and preferences” option from the drop-down list.
- Click on the “Printers & Scanners” option to see the list of all printers.
- Now click on the name of the printer you want to remove and click on the “Minus” sign below it.
- Now make your Epson printer ” Default printer ” for printing on your Mac.
- Lastly, Reboot your Mac computer
You may also Read: Epson printer is in Error state