Epson Printer Communication Error
Is your Epson printer not communicating with the computer? Is it giving you the ” Printer is not printing”, “printer is paused” messages? If yes, then, Don’t worry, We are here to guide you about how you can fix the Epson printer communication error easily. Epson Printer communication error takes place when your printer is not able to connect or communicate with other devices. For example computers, laptops, etc. In this issue, your printer could even reject to recognize or check the devices and documents placed in it.
It’s very frustrating for the users when their Epson printer is not communicating with any computer or laptop and often giving them many kinds of error messages. That is why they start to get blurry, blank print outs. In this case, you have to check the real reason behind this issue & fix it by using the methods we are going to mention below.
Types & Causes of Epson printer communication Error
Majorly, There are two types of Communication errors on Epson printer devices.
- When you don’t see the power light of your Epson printer turning on.
- Your Epson printer is not printing anything despite the turned on Power light
Each communication fault type has its own causes and fixes.
Also, Read Epson scanner communication error
Epson printer power light not turning on
Most of the time, Loosely or inappropriately connected power cables to the power source are the main reason behind the closure of the power light on your Epson printer. You can fix this issue through a few simple steps.
- Shut down your Epson printer.
- After that, Check the power cable of your printer if it’s appropriately connected to the power source and make sure it has no faults.
- After Checking it, Turn on your Epson printer.
Sometimes, a faulty power outlet might also be responsible for the Epson printer power light not turning on. There, you have to check that power outlet by connecting other devices to it. If it has any fault other devices will also not work after connecting with it.
Also Read: How to connect Epson Printer to Mac
Epson printer power light is on but not printing anything
Many times, Epson communication error occurrence stops the printer from printing anything that is commanded by its connected computer. In this case, the power light of your Epson printer turns on but it does not print anything. There could be multiple reasons responsible for this issue. We will talk about all the causes and fixes below.
Computer or laptop not appropriately connected to the Epson printer
Take the Setup instructions manual of your Epson printer & setup it again by connecting it with your computer device after following all the steps accurately.
Usage of Incorrect Interface USB cable
In some cases, Epson printer users try to connect their printer to the computer with outdated interface USB cables. These cables cause communication problems when users try to print their documents. For fixing this issue, you have to use a compatible USB 1.1 interface cable or a USB 2.0 interface cable to connect your printer & computer with each other.
Cable not connected correctly to the power source or printer
If the communication error on your Epson printer is occurring because of an inappropriate connection. Then, you have to check both ends of this cable before connecting it to the computer and printer accurately.
Broken printer issue
You have to make sure to check if your Epson printer is printing after commanding it to check its running operations through a “nozzle check pattern”. If you don’t get any print from it. Then it means your printer is broken and needs replacement or repair.
Low system memory to manage the document data you want to print
Go to your computer or laptop and minimize the size and resolution of the document you want to print from the Epson application software. It would be good if you increase the memory of your computer or a laptop.
Fix Epson Printer Communication Error
- Simply turn off your PC or laptop device.
- Remove and disconnect all USB connections.
- After waiting for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn on your PC and connect it to the Epson printer using the USB cable.
- Many times, this system reboot solves the “Epson printer communication error”.
Reset the Epson printer
Simply reset your Epson printer, it will fix all the communication errors on it. You need to download the “Re-setter” button first. After that, you will need to press the “Reset” button on your printer. It will ask you to download and extract the files of “Resetter”. Once it’s done, you can easily reset your Epson printer.
Checkout Wi-Fi Connection
Confirm if your Epson printer is connected to the wifi internet.
- Go to the control panel of your Epson printer from its display.
- Now, give it a command to print its configuration page to confirm the TCP/IP address of your printer.
- If it gives you a message ” Duplicate IP address”. You will be required to update it for fixing the “Epson printer communication error”.
- Now, visit the “control panel” from your printer screen.
- There, you will see the “Troubleshooting” choice, click on it.
- Now, you will need to click on the “Network problems” choice.
- After that, you will be required to go to the “Network diagnostics” choice for looking at the settings of your computer and Epson printer device.
- Lastly, it will show you the final results of the network diagnostics test. Just like that, you can confirm the wi-fi connection status of your Epson printer.
Uninstall & Reinstall Epson Printer Drivers
- You will need to turn on your PC.
- Click on the “start” window of your computer.
- After that, use your PC mouse to tap on the “Settings” icon, which looks like a gear.
- Now, you see a page displaying the “Windows settings” of your computer.
- Click on the “Printers & drivers” option there.
- Now, you will see the “Epson Printer” option right there.
- After that, you have to choose the properties option, and click on the driver’s tab for uninstalling the printer from your computer.
- After that go to the official Epson website.
- Click on the Support tab available there and download the latest drivers and setup utility of your Epson printer from there.
- Follow the instructions on your computer screen and install them.
- This will surely fix the communication errors on your Epson printer device.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
- Reach the start menu of your computer.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon.
- It will open up “windows settings” before you.
- Find “Troubleshooter” after searching for it in the search box.
- Tap on the ” Epson printer Troubleshooter” option when you see it.
- After that, you have to click on the hardware and sound section.
- At this point, you have to choose the “Use a printer” option.
- Now, Push down the “Troubleshoot” option to Solve “Epson printer communication error”.
Check Cable Connections
- Switch off the monitor and printer.
- Check if your Epson multifunction printer cable is properly connected to the power
slot and your PC.
- Switch the two machines on.
If despite all that, you are not able to fix the Epson communication error. Then, you can simply contact our Technical experts and take your solutions from them anytime through our live chat option.
Also, read Epson printer Error state