Epson Scan Cannot Communicate With Scanner
Epson scanners are the best & most popular document scanners available in the market. But sometimes, a few problems & issues stop your Epson Scanner from communicating with the Epson scan app. It’s one of the most common issues faced by Epson scanner users. When an Epson scan app fails to communicate with the Scanner. Then it means there is no possibility of data transfer between the scanner and the computer. In most cases, Hardware & Software problems are responsible if your “Epson scan cannot communicate with the scanner“.
- A printer, scanner driver-related error
- A corrupted printer driver can trigger Epson scanner communication issues.
- Sometimes a wrong or bad configurations of the scanner could raise communication error for the scanner.
- Epson scanner settings issues, network issues, and Administrator’s permission related issues can lead your scanner into the error state.
If you are using the wrong or out of date scanner driver. Then, this issue can occur. In this case, you have to update your scanner driver & check if this solves the communication problem. You can automatically do it with Driver Simple if you do not have the time, patience, or expertise to update the driver manually.
Driver Simple identifies your device automatically and finds the drivers that are right for it. You don’t need to know about it precisely. You don’t have to fear, worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver, or making a mistake in anything. The Simple Driver manages everything.
- Click on the “Scan Now” option to download and install Driver Simple. Driver Simple will then search your scanner for all kinds of drivers related issues and detect them.
- To automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your device. Click Update All (this requires the Pro version; when you click Update All, you will be prompted to upgrade).
- For the changes to take effect, restart your machine. See if the EPSON Scan is able to interact with the scanner. If yes, then the problem is resolved.
How to Fix Epson Scanner Communication Problems
We have specified the best and most useful methods below that could fix the communication issues on your Epson scanner. Have a look at these methods.
Correct IP address
Type in the correct IP address under Epson Scanner Settings. Because an incorrect IP address can disable the EPSON Scan from communicating with the scanner. Fix the incorrect IP address problem under your Epson scanner’s Settings by following the mentioned below steps.
- Press the “Windows logo and E” key at the same time on your computer keyboard.
- Go to the Drives menu of your computer and right-click on your Epson scanner.
- Now, from the popup menu, select the “Properties” option.
- After a second, Epson scanner “Properties” window will open up.
- At this point, Copy the IP address of your device from the bottom of that window.
- Now, Open up the Epson scan settings window.
- Remove the existing scanners by clicking on the Delete option you see under the “Network Scanner address” option.
- After that, click on the “Add” button.
- Paste that copied the IP address of your desired device in the corresponding field next to the Enter Address.
- Now click on the “OK” button.
- You can test if the Epson scanner communication error is fixed or not. You can do so by clicking the “Test” option under the Scanner Status unit under the Epson Error Settings window.
Run Epson Scan with Administrator Rights
Even if your Epson scanner is a standalone device or integrated with your Epson printer. It must communicate with the Epson scan application to obtain a high-quality scanning and stability of your scanner. If you are facing an Epson scanner communication error. Then, using the mentioned steps can help you in keeping your scanner up and running smoothly.
Firstly, you will be required to go to the Epson scan & right-click on it.
- Now, click on the “Properties” tab. it will pop out the “Epson Scan Properties” window.
- After that, select the Compatibility tab.
- Tick mark the checkbox you see after the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option.
- Open the drop-down menu under this option and select the Windows OS you have on your PC. (For example Windows 7 or 10).
- Mark the checkbox before the “Run this program as an administrator” option and then select the “OK” button.
- Now, check to see if you have solved the “EPSON Scan Cannot communicate with the
All the applications and programs that need information or input from an output source usually require controlling rights from your side as an administrator. That is why it is important to run applications with administrative rights. So that you could perform the tasks without any restrains or security checks while performing it.
Make sure your account has administrator authority. Otherwise, you can not adopt this fix for your scanner. Hopefully, the above method will work with your Epson scan. You will be able to carry on with your regular scan jobs.
Update the Epson Scanner Driver
If your scanner has expired, outdated, or corrupted malware drivers. Then, it could stop Epson scan from communicating with the scanner. Hence follow these steps to quickly resolve this issue below.
- To launch the “Run” dialogue box, press Windows + R keys together at the same time from your PC keypad.
- You can type the “devmgmt.MSc” command in the command box and press the “Enter” key.
- It will open up the Device Manager window of your computer.
- Click on the “Devices” and then the “Imaging Devices” option.
- Now, Go to your Scanner’s hardware icon and right-click on it.
- Click on the “Update Driver” option.
- After that, In the Pop-up menu select the “How do you want to search for drivers” option.
- Follow the instructions displaying on your computer screen and after finishing the installation process & Restart your computer to implement the changes.
If your scanner is integrated with your printer, then you should go for updating your printer driver.
The above methods are the best ways of fixing Epson scanner communication problems quickly. Besides them, if you are still struggling with the same issue or you don’t have enough patience, skills, or time to do such fixes, you can contact Epson Printer & scanners Technical Support services. They will help you in resolving all kinds of minor to major issues on your Epson scanner.
Also Read: Epson Connect Services