Epson error code 0x97
“Epson Error Code 0x97” is a kind of warning message that your Epson printer’s screen gives you if it has any internal hardware problem. There could be many issues liable for it. For example failure in the motherboard, other internal components failure. Your Epson printer will not be able to print on it after getting the Epson error code 0x97 on it. If you want to solve this 0x97 code, Then, you will need to follow the direction we have specified below.
Re-connect your Epson printer after disconnecting it
- At first, Open up the printer case of your Epson printer & check if it has any papers or pieces of paper jammed into it. In case you find any paper stuck into it. Then, you should simply remove every paper strap properly from it.
- After this, you have to remove the cartridges you see in your Epson printer.
- Now, you will need to unplug the USB cables, you see in your Epson printer.
- After that, you need to tap on the power button and turn your printer off.
- Here, you should make sure to wait for some time and plug different USB cables removed from the Epson printer.
- Now, you need to switch the printer on and check whether the Epson error code 0x97 has been fixed.
- In case you find that the error has not been resolved yet, it is recommended to follow the next step.
Complete the Installation & Updation of drivers
Sometimes, malware, viruses, spyware, trojans, on your Printer cause the 0x97 error code. That is why You should install the most secured protection on it & keep your Epson printer updated with the latest virus or malware protection software.
Unplug and plug the printer in an inverse manner
Well, this troubleshooting method works oppositely from the previous method. During this procedure, you should understand if “0x97 error” is occurring due to any internal hardware problem:
- In the beginning, you are required to press the power button to turn the Epson printer off.
- Now, you should make sure to unplug different USB cables.
- Here, you need to wait for about five minutes.
- Now, you are required to press and hold the printer’s power button for about one minute.
- As you try to tap on the power button, you should plug in the different USB cables.
- Now, you need to press the printer’s power button for about one minute
- After that, you should immediately plug in the cables, once again.
- In this step, you should plug the power cable back, thereby releasing the power button.
- Again, you should check whether the 0x97 error persists on your Epson printer or not.
Clean the Printhead & Printer Nozzles with Wet Tissue
If you see your “Epson printer not printing” even after doing everything. Then, you can remove the 0x97 error code from your Epson printer by following the below-mentioned steps:
- In the beginning, you need to unplug all the power cables from your Epson printer.
- Here, you require opening the printer case.
- Now, you should damp soft cloth pieces in the warm water.
- After removing water from it, you have to clean the ink from the nozzle until it’s fully clean and has no ink stuck on it.
- You can also soak the print head of your Epson printer device into the warm water in a bowl for at least 10-12 minutes.
- Now, take it out & the print head and clean it with a paper towel & wipe out all the water and ink dirt from it.
- Let it dry for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After drying it, you have to immediately insert the print head of your Epson printer into the “Print head section”.
- Now, insert the cartridges correctly into the “cartridges section” of your printer.
- In the end, turn your “Epson printer” on, it will surely fix the “Epson error code 0x97” issue.
You may also read: Epson printer error state
If you are still encountering any Epson error code 0x97 issues on your printer, Then, you can reach out to us at our through the live chat option or toll-free number of our website. We have a team of printing experts who stand second to none in providing the best in class technical support service without burning a hole in your pocket.
Also Read: Epson printer drivers error code 1131